Compare Home Insurance Quotes

We all want the best quality insurance for the cheapest price possible, get a quote today and see how much money you could save.

Compare quotes from up to 50 UK insurance providers. You could save up to £201*

*51% of consumers could save £201.06 on their Home Building & Contents Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next fourteen cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from January 2024. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances.

What does home insurance cover?

Your level and type of cover will depend on the type of policy you take out:

Buildings Insurance

What is buildings insurance? Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing damage done to the structure of your property. This can cover everything from the pipes to the windows, the flooring to the roof. Often, gardens, pools and sheds and fences are covered too. It should cover the full rebuild cost of your property, and loss or damage caused by subsidence, fire, storms, and floods. It won't cover general wear and tear damage, or damage brought about by poor workmanship.
Covers damage done to the structure of your property.
You won't be covered for damage brought about by poor workmanship or wear and tear.
Often compulsory if you have a mortgage
Unnecessary if you are renting.

Contents Insurance

What is contents insurance? Contents insurance covers the cost of replacing your personal possessions or valuables in your home if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed. This will include things like furniture, electrical appliances, jewellery, clothes and more. What is exactly covered will depend on your policy, so it is worth checking before taking out a new policy.
Covers the cost of replacing personal possessions in your home if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.
Accidental damage isn't always included but can be added on separately - it is best to check!
Items lost or stolen outside the home aren’t always covered - you might need to take out personal possessions cover

Combined cover

What is combined cover? A combined home insurance policy will include both buildings and contents insurance, covering both your personal possessions and the structure of your home. It is the highest level of home insurance cover you can buy.
Includes the cover included in both contents and buildings insurance.
Usually cheaper than taking out two separate policies with different providers.

Do I need home insurance?

Unlike car insurance, home insurance isn’t a legal requirement. However, both buildings and contents insurance offer peace of mind that is usually worth the monthly cost. Which of the two you need will usually depend on whether you rent or own your home, and whether or not you have a mortgage.

© 2024 Yoga Insurance Services Limited. All rights reserved.
If you need to make a claim then please call: 02037 387386
If you need to make a windscreen claim then please log in to your customer portal and select the 'windscreen' option.
If you have broken down now then please log in to your customer portal and select the 'broken down' option.

What would you like a quote for?

Quote for a car Quote for a van Quote for a home